Getting your little ones to eat veggies is hard enough but then put them next to Easter candy and you will have a lot of veggie leftovers on your hand! Instead of making your typical veggie platter with dip, entice your picky eaters with adorable hummus carrot patches in mini terracota pots! Here’s the lowdown on how to assemble these healthy Easter treats!
Hummus Carrot Patches:
What you’ll need:
-Mini terracota pots
-Tooth picks or metal skewer
-Mini Dixie cups
1) Cut ~1/2 inch off top of Dixie cup so it fits in pot.
2) Scoop hummus into cup to the top.
3) Take your thicker baby carrots and poke a hole into the top.
4) Place parsley sprig into each hole.
5) “Plant” a few of the carrots into the hummus.
6) Refrigerate for later or serve!
If you don’t want to get the pots, you can just use the Dixie cups. These hummus carrot patches will still be adorable!
For information on nutrition services, including corporate wellness, group workshops and individual virtual counseling, contact Jessica at JessicaSpiroRD@gmail.com.